Sunday, July 26, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, or Harry Potter and the High school Musical?


Hi!!
How Long has it been!
Well, I am bad at time management I guess!
So,
Last Week I saw the much hyped and eagerly awaited movie worldwide- Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.
First, I am not a great fan of Harry Potter.It's not because I don't like it, but , I don't read much.
TV, Internet, Assignments keep me busy. And so, I haven't read the book.
I was saved from the disappointment that many of my friends had, after watching the movie, calling it a bad adaptation of the book. (one more reason for not reading books I guess! LOL)
Since I had not read the book, I got a chance to see the movie, just as a movie itself, and not as an adaptation of any book.And ,I liked it!


It has everything a good movie should have--- a nice story, good direction, great performances and cool special effects!
Some of my friends also said that the movie is more like a teenage romantic flick rather than a dark story(and calling it Harry Potter and the High School Musical, haha).Well, at some points, yes, there is more of romance and comedy than it is generally in any Harry Potter movie. But,the kids have grown up to teenagers now, so it is justified to show some romance !
(and it also spices up the movie a bit! or adds fun at least)
I really liked Draco Malfoy (played by Tom Felton), Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter) and Voldemort as a kid! The special effects and the scenes of Bellatrix were simply awesome! (and scary at some parts).
The only thing I didn't like was that the Death of Dumbledore, who is one of the major characters, was not as heart-touching or emotional as it could be.He's been an essential part of the Harry Potter series, and very close to Harry Potter. His end should've been portrayed in a better manner.
But apart from that, the movie provides good entertainment! And hey, movies are made for entertaining as the major purpose, aren't they?
My Rating--
3.5/5
Thanks!
Comments and feedback are highly appreciated .

1 comment:

  1. i agree. Dumbledore's death wasn't portrayed very well. n my irritation was with the fact that they unneccesarily changed the end.. there was no need. otherwise, i liked the movie, n considering how long and boring the book can get, i thought they did a pretty good job with the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete